The following will help you add content to MyFinePix using the onscreen tools available
Starting with adding text
It might sound really obvious, but the easiest way to add text is to type it directly into the screen as ‘pure text’. If you prepare it using something like Microsoft Word, when you copy and paste it onto MyFinePix it will contain a variety of formatting that will spoil the display on screen.
Click your mouse, next to the text you’d like to change, and drag it over to highlight it. Select the relevant icon to bold you text or convert it to italics.
Lists of content
- Bulleted lists are easier to read on screen than long paragraphs of text
- You can introduce either ‘standard bullets’ or ‘numbered’ lists by clicking your mouse where you would like to display your first bullet point and select your chosen icon
- Line breaks will continue to display bullet points
- To switch bullet points off, 'deselect' the icon and the remaining text will appear as a paragraph
If you would like
link to another piece of information. Highlight the copy and click on the 'link' icon.
The following box will open
- Enter the url you would like to link to (http://www.bbc.co.uk)
- 'Target' allows you to open your new url content in either the same window or a new one (recommended)
- 'Title' is the title of the link with it's rolled over
Adding an image within your text
Most Important - 1st click on the position that you would like your image to appear within the body of your text
Clicking on the Image icon will open a small pop-up
Click on the icon and this will open a new screen:
Click on 'Upload' link at the top of the screen (left) and a drop-down will open up that enables you to browse to your image
To upload the image to your Image tool manager click on the 'Upload' (the black highlighted block) above
Your uploaded image is highlighted - click on the checkbox to 'Create thumbnails and select 'Send to Tinymce'
This will take you to the FINAL step: where you can add your description and decide how you'd like to display the image 'click'' insert and the image will appear
IMPORTANT - If you delete your image (line entries) from the image manager tool it will disappear from your posting on MyFinePix
If you 'Preview' your planned content and the formatting or text layout is inconsistent you can highlight it and click on the above icon to remove underlying code that may be causing it. Whilst this isn't a guaranteed fix it can help.
This final tool allows you to introduce sections within your copy.
View the image of the month and vote for next months entry.
Find out what people are talking about.