You are not logged in

LoginRegister

FinePix HS20EXR

FinePix HS20EXRMembers and their FinePix HS20EXRView now

Photo Features

Get involved!

HS20 camera freezes

I have a new HS20 camera and it freezes after it has been on a few minutes, requiring me to open and shut the battery compartment.  But when doing this I lose my settings.  Anyone else having this problem?  I have new ni-mh rchargable batteries...

0 people like this.

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 27/12/2011 - 16:42
Comment

Hi naz

Sounds like you might need a firmware update i think you have to hold down the play back button as you switch the camera on the to reveal the firmware version if its below 1.02 you need the update the instructions are on this site just search "firmware update" hope this helps.

Cheers Mike.

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 27/12/2011 - 17:34
Comment

I tired to turn on the camera while holding the playback button but the only thing it said was "no image"...

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 27/12/2011 - 18:35
Comment

hi to see which version of firmware you have ,press the DISP/BACK button,hold down while you switch on .I have just bought this camera and mine has 1.03 i think this is the latest version ,good luck.

chris.

Pieroad

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 27/12/2011 - 18:56
Comment

I have the 1.03 version.  Any other suggestions please?

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 27/12/2011 - 21:24
Comment

Hi naz,

Just a thought have you got the right battries selected in settings there are settings for ordinary battries and re-chargables good luck hope this one helps.

Cheers Mike.

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 27/12/2011 - 23:19
Comment

good thought.  I did check that and I do have the correct setting listed. Any thing else I might try?

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 28/12/2011 - 07:04
Comment

Hi naz

The ultimate sacrifice really dig out the receipt and go back to the dealer and get a new camera stick with the hs20 thought above what some say it is a great camera.

Cheers mike.