You are not logged in

LoginRegister

Photo Features

Get involved!

Where are all the Views coming from ?

Just looked in my gallery for the first time in ages as I have posted nothing new for quite a while. Suddenly see that the total views for each picture seem to have rocketed. Most are over 400 and several have exceeded the 1000 mark. Even the latest shots are heading up to 200.

Has anyone else noticed this ?.........and has anyone any idea how this is happening or is it another Fuji bug ?

I have no involvement with facebook or twitter so fail to see that this could be the cause.

There has been no changed to "likes" or "comments"

Just a little confused

0 people like this.

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 13:48
Comment

IMHO a lot of members 'window shop' attracted by the thumbnail, go in to have a closer look, not familiar with how the site works~just want look at pictures  Smile

It would be interesting to know how many members there are in total.

(pleased my 'Funky Chicken made you smile)

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 13:49
Comment

I think it would be interesting to learn from Fuji if some Google & Co. crawler visits are included in the numbers Smile

Mögen alle Lebewesen wohlauf und glücklich sein
Verehrung Ihm, dem Erhabenen, Heiligen, völlig Erwachten!

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 14:11
Comment

Good question..

In spite of my rage, I'm still a rat in a cage..

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 14:31
Comment

There have been occasions in the past where a 'member' has had one or more of their shots f5'd by person/s unknown to make it look like that innocent member has been trying to rise to the top of the popularity charts.

I wouldn't worry about it Phil.  You have some bloody good shots that are worthy of many views.

Bokeh

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 14:32
Comment

Hi Chris......I would agree with you for recent shots that a lot of people look and don't comment, but that's only on a daily basis so you would expect a little interest on recent shots but not on shots posted long ago. One of my early gallery shots had about 150 views a few weeks ago and is now approaching 900 and so it goes on throughout all of the gallery pictures. My pictures go back to 2009 and have not been deleted because some members have chosen them as favourites. It is'nt likely that I have suddenly got a (mute) captive audience after all this time.

Just another slightly baffling thing about Myfinepix

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 14:37
Comment

Hello G.........Just seems odd that some of the really old stuff (which cannot get into the most viewed category) have received massive boosts in numbers.

I'm not too bothered by this, just a tad confused. Also thanks for your praise.........worth more than a couple of hundred views any day

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 15:30
Comment

They seem to be avoiding mine, but I don't care I know they are good pics Smile

But nice to know they are looking at someones I just wish I had the time to spend looking because there are huge amounts of good pics out there, on the odd occasion I get a chance to look through the galleries I am constantly amazed at how good we all are (putting my trumpet away now) LOL

Dave

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 16:28
Comment

I asked a similar question a few week ago Phil,about one of my pictures getting loads of hits but no comments,I was assured it was twitter or the like,so now I take the amount of views with a pinch of salt Smile

P.S. I left you a reply (in the thread) to your more than kind comments about my comp picture :-) 

Flickr Page

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 21:27
Comment

I just checked my gallery too (hardly ever bother these days as no-one ever looks or comments) and have found exactly the same thing! How bizzarre, last time I looked there was about half a dozen views if I was lucky....now I don't have an image with under 200 views....Oh well...thanks for looking, whoever you are Smile

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 21:34
Comment

Just checked mine the Highest as 1,288  Views 3 Comments and no likes

so I will just do as always take note of comments and Likes as they are Constructive

even though like a lot of people I don't get many get many Comments , I just apreciate what I get

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 21:40
Comment

I didn't check mine before Phil,just checked and the further you go back,the higher the views 1,446 is the highest,strange very strange Smile

Flickr Page

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 01/05/2012 - 22:10
Comment

Ok, so what's wrong with mine? Oi Mr Viewer I feel left out here, you haven't looked at any of mine. Smile

Flickr

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 02/05/2012 - 08:01
Comment

Somehow the fairy dust has spread to my gallery too.

Jen xx

I wish I was a Glow Worm, a Glow Worm's never glum, 'cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/702231

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 02/05/2012 - 10:52
Comment

Hi Steve

Window shopping is fine and usually adds a few views (without comment) to recently posted pictures but what we seem to have is a massive increase in shots that were posted many months (and even years) ago. That's the bit I don't understand at all. A "window shopper" would have to trawl through the gallery page for years to find them.