Forums are used to have group conversations with other MyFinePix users on any given subject.
Individual forums are provided to group similar topics. Any logged in user can post a new topic, or comment on existing topics.
Starting a new topic
Click 'create forum topic' in the left hand navigation within the forum section for logged in users.
- Enter the title for your topic - this is used in lists throughout the site.
- Select the language you are using to write your topic - this lets the site show content in different languages to different users.
- Select the forum to post the topic in
- Enter optional tags to assist other visitors finding your topic
- Enter your main topic content in the wysiwyg editor
- Click 'save'
Topics are published immediately, and the owner of the topic can edit or delete it at any time.
Commenting on topics
Commenting on forum topics is the same as on any other content within MyFinePix - see this page
Language and country
MyFinePix is a global community with users from around the world.
Four 'global' forums - 'Beginners', 'Advanced Photography', 'Computer and Technical', 'Open Discussion' are displayed on most country sites - please bear this in mind when posting in these forums that you will have the widest audience and try to keep your posts relevant.
To get the widest audience, you might consider posting in English on the global forums, although this is not compulsory - however it is appreciated if you can ensure that you select the language of your post when creating the topic.
Different regions have 'local' forums created for discussing topics that might only have relevance to people within a specific geographic area.
Formatting and layout techniques
To give users flexibility to achieve a wide range of layouts and formatting, a range of techniques are available, but they can seem daunting. Here are some tricks you can try:
- Watch our formatting video for a tutorial on using the editor
- Don't cut-and-paste content from Microsoft Word - it can bring over unwanted formatting
- See how other articles are formatted - if you see a layout you like you can cut-and-pate the content into your editor window, then change it to suit your needs maintaining the format.
Se och rösta på "Månadens bild"
Vad pratas det om just nu?